MERLIN MAGIX® Integrated System
The Avaya MERLIN MAGIX® Integrated System is a private branch exchange (PBX) with a built-in ability to emulate a traditional key system. Using a single platform to deliver key communications capabilities from basic voice to Internet access, makes it highly cost-effective and easy to install, service, maintain, and grow. This flexible and scalable system is designed to meet the evolving communications needs of small- and mid-sized businesses. It is ideal for small companies looking for the latest communications features, as well as for larger companies who can install this system in their branch offices. The MERLIN MAGIX networking capabilities enable multiple locations to communicate across the public switched telephone network (PSTN) or across an Internet Protocol (IP) network.
The MERLIN MAGIX® Integrated System supports up to 80 lines and 200 extensions. Businesses can easily enhance their MERLIN MAGIX® Integrated System by adding any of a growing number of e-business, customer service, or computer telephony integration (CTI) applications available from Avaya and Avaya Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners around the world
What's New With This Release
Record-A-Call. Release 4.0 introduces the Record-A-Call feature that allows users to record telephone voice conversations to their voice mailbox. A Record-A-Call button must be programmed on a multi-line telephone to activate the feature. A MERLIN® Messaging System Release 4.0 or later is also required for the Record-A-Call feature to operate.
- The MERLIN MAGIX® Integrated System supports up to 80 lines and 200 extensions.
- Businesses can easily enhance their MERLIN MAGIX Integrated System by adding any of a growing number of e-business, customer service, or computer telephony integration (CTI) applications available from Avaya and Avaya Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners around the world.
- Full communications capabilities via the phone, Web, video, or e-mail.
- Always on high-speed Internet access.
- Call center support for personalized, around-the-clock customer service.
- Comprehensive messaging capabilities including a unified messaging application and browser based voice mail management.
- Support for wireless phones, cell phone connectivity options provides great mobility features.
- The MERLIN MAGIX Integrated System simplifies administration and maintenance, which can reduce operating costs.
- Programming is via a user-friendly, graphical user interface (GUI)-based software application: the Microsoft Windows-based System Programming and Maintenance (WinSPM) software.
- This application provides on-screen icons and menu choices to guide system administrators through the administration process.
- WinSPM software also provides convenient access to current system information, giving businesses a comprehensive picture of their system and station programming, instead of isolated and less effective features or function screens.
- With WinSPM, administrators can manage multiple MAGIX systems from an Internet connection anywhere in the world.
Integrated Network Access
MERLIN MAGIX® Integrated Network Access (INA) combines the following functionality on a single circuit card: T1/PRI (Primary Rate Interface), a data router, DSU/CSU (data service unit/channel service unit), and a packet filtering firewall.
Using the INA capabilities of the MERLIN MAGIX Integrated System, businesses can:
- Route IP data traffic and voice channels using the same T1.
- Allocate bandwidth within the T1 circuit to support either voice or data, providing dedicated channels to and from the MERLIN MAGIX Integrated System for high-speed, always-on, Internet access.
- Support outbound IP applications such as Web browsing and e-mail for all employees.
- Maintain a Web site or e-mail server.
- Enhance the security system with the built-in, packet-filtering firewall protection.
- Help reduce network service, equipment, installation, administration, and maintenance costs.
MERLIN MAGIX Customer Care Solutions
The MERLIN MAGIX Integrated System offers call center support for even the smallest business. Avaya and Avaya Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners provide answers to service or billing problems and the flexibility to conduct transactions by telephone, Internet, e-mail, or fax. Features include:
- Up to 30 total agents and 32 calling groups in the system, agent back up, escape from queue option for customers, and supervisor service-observing.
- Group and/or supervisor monitoring and analysis of call center performance.
- Agent desktop for real-time call monitoring on agent PCs.
- Computer telephony integration (CTI) applications for outbound dialing, inbound "screen pop" using popular personal information managers (PIMs), call detail recording and calling group monitoring applications.
- Integrated multimedia messaging support (send your voice mail to your email inbox).
These solutions are designed to help businesses serve customers with greater speed and quality while cutting down on costs by requiring fewer employees to provide the services.
MERLIN MAGIX® Integrated System (PDF (.pdf) 370kb)
Introduction to 4406D & 4412D Telephone (PDF (.pdf) 215kb)
4400 Series Digital Telephones (PDF (.pdf) 114kb)
3810 Wireless Telephone (PDF (.pdf) 148kb)
MERLIN MAGIX® System Manager's Quick Reference Release 3.0 (PDF (.pdf) 4144kb)
MERLIN MAGIX® Pocket Reference Guide Release 3.0 (PDF (.pdf) 1687kb)
MERLIN MAGIX® System Programming Basics Release 3.0 (PDF (.pdf) 1337kb)
MERLIN® Messaging Release 4.0 System Administration (PDF (.pdf) 430kb)
MERLIN® Messaging System Release 4.0 System Managerís Quick Reference (PDF (.pdf) 4361kb)
MERLIN® Messaging System Userís Guide (PDF (.pdf) 649kb)